- All people over the age of 5 must be vaccinated or have valid proof of medical or religious exemption to train in and remain in the dojo. If you are unvaccinated and over age 5, you can drop off and pick up- but cannot remain in the lobby space for an extended period of time (more than 10 minutes.)
- During children’s classes (3pm-6pm on weekdays and 9am-12:15pm on Saturdays) everyone must be masked regardless of vaccination status.
- During adult classes (After 6pm on weekdays, [6:30pm on Monday]12:30pm on Saturdays & all day on Sundays) all vaccinated students are welcome to train without a mask and all unvaccinated students must remain masked.
- If you, your child or anyone in your household is experiencing a fever or other flu like symptoms that could potentially be COVID-19 and do not have an alternative diagnosis, we request that you do not enter the dojo regardless of vaccination status.
- If you or you child are vaccinated and you are experiencing cold symptoms (cough, runny nose) but no fever or major flu symptoms (fever, nausea, fatigue, shortness of breath) you may be in the dojo as long as you are masked.
- If you or your child test positive for COVID-19, then you/they must quarantine for 5 days starting from the onset of symptoms or from date of positive test. Anyone with symptomatic COVID-19 should quarantine for a minimum of 5 days and not return to the dojo until fever free for more than 24 hours and when symptoms have largely resolved. After completing isolation, all students will be required to mask in the dojo for an additional 5 days before returning to training without a mask where appropriate. Because Students that are diagnosed with COVID-19 may continue to test positive for up to 60 days, if you or your child quarantine for 10 days and are without symptoms, you can return without a negative COVID-19 test.
- If you or your child test positive for COVID-19 and were in the dojo within 48 hours of testing positive or the onset of symptoms, please immediately email us so we can communicate to anyone that was in their class and communicate potential exposure.
- For unvaccinated kids and adults with close contact exposures (unmasked contact with a COVID-19 positive person for more than 10 minutes) inside or outside the dojo, you/your child must quarantine for 5 days or present a negative test and no symptoms after 5 days before returning to the dojo.
- For vaccinated kids and adults with close contact exposures inside or outside of the dojo, (unmasked contact with a COVID-19 positive person for more than 10 minutes) you must train masked for the next 5 days after the exposure and then present a negative test to return to training without a mask.
- Should someone in your or your child’s karate class test positive for COVID-19 within 48 hours of being in the dojo, you will receive an email letting you know that the exposure has happened with further instructions on how to move forward.
- If you or your child are unvaccinated and are in contact with someone that tests positive for Covid-19 (inside or outside the dojo) but your or their interaction does not meet the standards of a close contact exposure (unmasked contact with a COVID-19 positive person for more than 10 minutes) then we request that you wait 48 hours before returning to the dojo and present a negative rapid Covid-19 Test and be without symptoms to return to class.
- If you or your child are vaccinated and are in contact with someone that tests positive for Covid-19 (inside or outside the dojo) but your or their interaction does not meet the standards of a close contact exposure (unmasked contact with a COVID-19 positive person for more than 10 minutes) then you may immediately return to class without additional masking.
We want to thank you and your families for all that you are already doing to keep our community safe.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.