COVID-19 Safety Protocols & Procedures
- Our facility is equipped with box fans in the windows, as well as ceiling fans and floor fans throughout the facility to increase airflow.
- We also have an IQAIR Health Pro Plus Hyper HEPA Filtration Air Filter that cycles the air in our dojo twice every hour. This air filter is capable of filtering out particles that are smaller than a virus. Read more here.
- 6 foot markings on the floor throughout the dojo (karate school) stairway & entrance, lobby and changing rooms. People train in 6 X 6 foot boxes that are 6 feet apart on the tatami (mat).
- No more than 7 participants per class, no more than 10 people in the dojo at a time (30% capacity).
- Dojo is equipped with 6 hand sanitizing stations.
- Enhanced Cleaning Practices
- Tatami is cleaned after each session.
- Frequently touched surfaces are wiped down every couple of hours.
- All Karate Materials are wiped down before and after use.
Arriving at Dojo
- All students and people in the dojo are required to wear masks, except those that are below the age of 2.
- All children’s program students are kept in pods and all adults must register ahead of time for in person semi private training sessions.
- There are 15 minute breaks in between each session to reduce contact between students.
- Every person entering the dojo is given the Covid-19 Survey required by the State of New York and has their temperature taken.
- All students are kept 6 feet a part throughout training.
- Ken Wa Kan teaching staff gets tested for Covid-19 every 2 weeks.
- All new students in the children’s program must first must take a private in person lesson in order to be admitted into an in person training pod.
For a full overview of our protocols, structures and procedures, please watch this video.